When you really need a break, information for your next vacation - whether real or virtual. Locations, gadgets, and other advice it's all here.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Photography on the road

Two years ago, I decided to start taking photography a little more serious. I bought a starter SLR camera that could photograph in RAW format. This was really cool because I was already quite adept at using Photoshop, and shooting in RAW would provide much more control when editing my pictures.

After getting this camera I quickly learned to shoot off of a tripod as often as possible. This produces photos that are clean and crisp more often. Unfortunately when you are on the go, a tripod can take up a lot of room and may be a little cumbersome to set up time and time again. So I decided to invest in a monopod.

Pretty much like it sounds, one third of a tripod. Very small and takes up very little room. They're great for museums where tripods may not be allowed, and people walking by won't trip over them.

Here is a picture I took of the El Capitolio in Old Havana, Cuba on a monopod. It was an awesome trip and I found the monopod made a big difference in many of my shots.

They are quite affordable, I bought mine for around $30 CAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment