When you really need a break, information for your next vacation - whether real or virtual. Locations, gadgets, and other advice it's all here.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Plan Your Route

Easter weekend, my wife and I took a trip down to Washington D.C. We had a great time, but it would have helped tremendously if we planned our route there and back a little better.

On the way home we missed a turn and ended up way off track in New York City. All we could do was head north and hope to reconnect with our route. Fortunately just when it was getting really stressful (we ended up under the train tracks here) we managed to hit a main road that helped us get back on track.

Simply remembering our New York City map would have helped a tonne. In the future I think we'll buy a portable GPS system for our road trips. Something with course corrections would be extremely helpful. Since I'm new to GPS, I'm thinking of getting a simple entry level unit. I've been looking at the TomTom ONE 140-S which has alright reviews at CNET. Simply having something that calls out your turns would be awesome. Plus it'd be nice to have something that I can take out of the car, so I don't have to worry about it getting stolen.

Only thing is, if we get this, my wife loses her job as the navigator and I have to do all the work driving down...

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment