When you really need a break, information for your next vacation - whether real or virtual. Locations, gadgets, and other advice it's all here.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Feel the Power

My wife and I recently completed a trip to Havana Cuba as I mentioned in one of my previous posts. During that trip we quickly found out the importance of planning ahead.

Having brought along several pieces of electronic equipment for the trip: laptop, camera, battery charger etc. Only to forget the most important thing. A power adapter. We had a European power adapter at home, but I forgot to bring it along. I pretty quickly discovered this mistake when I attempted to use my battery charger for my camera and it promptly died. Pretty stupid.

Make sure that you plan ahead for these sorts of things. This one little error lead to running out of battery power for my camera at one of the most photogenic locations in Havana. The Colon Cemetery. This location had some beautiful stonework for various graves and tombs. Fortunately I got a few pictures, but not nearly as many as I would have liked.

If I'd been more careful I could have charged my batteries in the hotel lobby, but that is what I get for not paying attention.

Plan ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment